It’s December 19th, 2016, and this is it. This is what it’s going to take to change my life – I mean, really change it.
As of this moment, I am 31 years old, 236 lbs., size 22 jeans, my lower back is basically ruined from a perpetual state of obesity, I have constant acid reflux and digestive issues, my knees and ankles buckle constantly under the strain of my rotundity, I dread going up and down my stairs, and I am terrified that I will develop diabetes, a disease that runs on both sides of my family.
I’ve tried everything: fad diets, work out dvd’s, martial arts, stress weight loss, counting calories, sports, just everything. But in my alone time with the Lord and in prayer, I have been convicted of my slothfulness and lack of discipline. The Lord recently showed me that I have come to worship sleep. I love it, I mean, really, really LOVE it. And now that I am transitioning out of the work force and into the stay-at-home-mom routine, I know it will be a bigger temptation for than ever to sleep longer and be less active.
Realizing this, I knew I had to repent of my laziness and lack of self-discipline and BEG the Lord to give me the ability to stay faithful to Him by maintaining my body for His glory better than I ever have before. That’s where this post comes in.
For one year I am going to take a picture a day to catalogue my weight loss journey.
Yes, of course it’s about feeling more comfortable in my own skin and being able to buy and wear the clothes I want to, but its also about surrendering my idols to the Lord and allowing Him to give me the strength to do the miraculous. Because, believe me, any success I achieve at the end of this process will absolutely be a miracle of God’s own doing – not my own.
So, please, if you think of it – pray for me! I need it more than I can ever say. And, if you have the time, please leave me verses, prayers, and words of encouragement here or on my Instagram page @PADweightloss. This is not the sort of goal I can reach on my own.
If you do that for me, I’ll do these few things for you:
- Clearly articualte my goals to you in a follow-up post
- I will provide a picture a day that catalogues my progress toward those goals
- I will provide a daily (probably very short) journal entry about this journey to show you the reality of the ups and downs inherent within a project like this as well as all of the things I will be learning about diet, discipline, and dilligence
- I will provide weekly statistical updates that quantify my progress, as an encouragement to myself and anyone else willing to start their own #PADweightloss journey
- To the best of my ability, I will encourage you as/when you start your own #PADweightloss journey
So thats it! Let’s do this thing!
Until Next Time My Friends,
The Taylor of All Trades