Fried Avocado Quarters: Your New Favorite Gluten-Free, Low-Carb Treat
If you’re like me, you LOVE avocado. If you’re even more like me, you love FRIED avocado. But, if you’re exactly like me, you’ve chosen a low-carb/no-carb and/or gluten-free lifestyle and breadcrumbs are just one of those things you’ve had to learn to live without.
I recently figured out a GREAT bread crumb substitute and I’m absolutely in LOVE with it!
Using that recipe, here is the easiest, yummiest fried avocado recipe you’ll ever use:
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 C nutritional yeast crumble
- 1 whole, large, haas avocado, quartered
- 1 TB extra virgin coconut oil or coconut oil cooking spray
- Slice avocado into quarters, eighths, or however many slices you’d like
- Dredge in nutritional yeast crumble (honestly, you could literally just eat them like this, but I wanted mine to be extra crispy, so I moved on to the next step)
- Heat 1 TB of extra virgin coconut oil or a generous amount of extra virgin coconut oil cooking spray in a skillet on medium heat – be careful, coconut oil has a low burning point, so it will start smoking very quickly.
- Fry avocados for about 2 minutes on either side.
- Remove to a paper-towel lined plate to drain and cool.
And that’s it! Didn’t I say it was easy?
Once you taste these, your going to want to make them for everyone you know! Get ready to be the talk of the low-carb, gluten-free community my friends – these are going to be everyone’s favorite treat in no time!
Until Next Time My Friends,
The Taylor of All Trades